Sunday, March 11, 2007

Miri town, the sights and food...

Just spent my first full week in Miri, work has been slow. I mean, I can't count reading company policies and training modules on how to use the online HR system as proper work now, can I? Come tomorrow, I can finally start to do some REAL work, got a few stuff handed over to me by my team already. Weee!!! It's a pain sitting around people who are working hard and having nothing really to do myself.

Hopped over to Brunei on Thursday with my team to visit a working land rig, T201. My first time wearing coveralls, and I just look like Little Red Riding Hood gone wrong. And I feel like a astronaut. Hahaha..

Just a few pics to show what I have been up to the past week. Excuse the bad photography, its all taken with my handphone camera.

And may I add, low resolution handphone camera.

Ben and Jerry's ice cream galore in a supermarket called
Super Save (or something like lar) just across the border.
A little heaven for imported stuff. Looks like I will be doing my
shopping there pretty often.

Miri at night, taken from the Grand Old Lady.

Miri by day, taken from the Grand Old Lady
(yes, I am very free, can go there both day and night, on the same day)


Not bad seafood at a place generally called Tanjung.

Nasi Goreng at Sultanah's. The rice is Bario rice. Supposed to be softer
and more fragrant but well, with fried rice, a bit hard to tell...

Coffee Bean within the SSB main building. I know, wth..

Bak kut teh at Krokop area. The photo is not very
flattering but it really is pretty good stuff.




3 Comments:

Blogger Piffles said...

Ben & Jerry'sssssssssssssssssssssss
cute cowssssssssssssssssssss
i wanttttttttttttttttttt

*sobs*

16/3/07 7:04 PM  
Blogger crysl said...

er... mana ada lembu???

17/3/07 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

supasave
dont fall for it
it's a bait to lure all u expats over and torture u here...
speaking from experience. heheh

28/3/07 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home