Monday, July 28, 2008

Muscle relaxant

Hurt my back doing yoga last Monday. Or at least, I think that's how I hurt it. Finally got around to see the doc yesterday. Guess what he prescribed. Pain killer. Duh. Counterpain ointment. Duh. Muscle relaxant. Hmmm...

His rationale. Since it took more than a day for my pain to manifest, it is very unlikely that I had hurt my spinal cord, or had a slipped disc. Hence it would most probably be muscle sprain. I could almost swear he rolled his eyes at the word "YOGA".

"Not another bladdy fool who thinks that going to some classes will make her be able to bend the way bodies are never meant to bend before."

Ooppsss, that's just my grumpy resentful mind talking.

Anyway, went to work today and felt like I was floating around the whole day. Couldn't figure out why even talking took so much effort. I could have sworn I was slurring through part of my conversations. Late afternoon, then it hit me. Bladdy meds.

---google results on Myonal 50----
Important Precautions
Weakness, light-headedness, sleepiness or other symptoms may occur. In the event of such symptoms, the dosage should be reduced or treatment discontinued. Patients should be cautioned against engaging in potentially hazardous activities requiring alertness, such as operating machinery or driving a car.
-----------------------------------

Wow... My dear doc forgot to mention I run a high risk of falling asleep behind the wheels...

1 Comments:

Blogger Piffles said...

uhh ... well, i think i sprained my ankle just a bit again. the same ankle i sprained last year.

wtf.

and perhaps, from yoga yesterday???

28/7/08 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home